I just got back from an incredible weekend in College Station. Sky Ranch had a tailgate party right next to Kyle Field. It was a great time to catch up with people that I haven't seen since the summer. But it wasn't all fun and games. Without further ado let me present the List of Things I Learned This Weekend:
1. I am horrible at Washers. David Huss and I played three games and I won zero. Touche' Mr. Huss. You win again.
2. I'm a year out of college and I don't understand the appeal of staying out partying and all that until 2 in the morning. I used to be able to stay up almost all night on only 6 hours of sleep. That was less than a year ago. Now I have a hard time making it to midnight.
3. It's amazing to me how much God can bring you through something so that you can help someone else who is going through the exact same things you went through. Sometimes I don't understand why. But I can think of three separate occasions where I've been able to help someone out who was struggling with something by simply having been through it myself.
4. Usually the TV delay between what happens on the field and the time it gets broadcast on the the screen is about 10-15 seconds. Texas A&M has this cannon that they fire whenever the team scores, so we could always tell when a score was coming. Which brings me to the next number....
5. I wish Tiger Stadium had a cool cannon to fire.
That concludes the list. Hope you enjoyed. But wait.....that's not all!
Sidenote: The guy at the next table just said : "Jesus was big pimpin', dawg!"
I've been really struggling lately with some things that, quite honestly, terrify me. It pretty much centers on Matthew 25:31-46. Katie and some friends have helped out a lot by providing prayer and encouraging verses. Just thought I would share something about it that I wrote a while back that is helping me even after all this time.
You are there in the hurt
You are there in the pain
You are there in the shadows
Calling out my name
And I run to You