Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Funny Class Moment

So here at Sky Ranch, I teach a class entitled "Expeditions." During this class, we take the kids on a hike to talk about the carbon cycle, walking them through how carbon can move from one organism to another. For the section where I talk about carbon moving around in the Animal Kingdom, mostly through animals eating each other, I get the kids to act out different animals that are going to eat or be eaten by another animal.

A few weeks ago, I got a kid and told him to be a raccoon. Not knowing what to do or what noise to make, he finally gave a feeble "rawr." (Think the sound you make when you pretend to be a monster)

I gave him an exaggerated confused look and simply said, "Um, raccoons don't rawr."

Cue enthusiastic laughter from my raccoon demonstrator, the other kids, the adults, and myself.

Good times....good times...

No comments: