Wednesday, November 29, 2006

To be thankful...

I'm thankful for the One who saw the worth in this broken, fragile, unworthy frame; and bought me with His blood anyway. I'm thankful for the joy that He brings; for the happiness that He gives and takes away. I'm thankful that I am loved by Him; and that I am found worthy enough for the trials that come my way.

I'm thankful for pain, as it reminds me that I'm still alive. I'm thankful for tears; for they remind me that I am human. I'm thankful for sadness; for it makes me appreciate the good times. I'm thankful for the good times, as these are few and precious. I'm thankful for trials; as they help me to trust. I'm thankful for sorrow and hardship, as they help to shape me. I'm thankful for laughter; for it is sweeter than any music. I'm thankful for silence; as it lets me hear myself.

I'm thankful for true friends; as they are God's way of being here in the flesh. I'm thankful for hanging out; as through this we come together. I'm thankful for camaraderie; for through this we grow together. I'm thankful for shoulders to cry on; as these are life savers. I'm thankful for our similarities; as they are what brings us together. I'm thankful for our differences; as they prove that we are unique. I'm thankful for family; as they have given me time, direction and care.

I'm thankful for my eccentricities; for they are a part of who I am. I'm thankful for my sense of humor; for it allows me to sing with laughter. I'm thankful for my health; for I could be much worse off. I'm thankful for my sicknesses; for they let me appreciate my health.

I'm thankful for my country, where I can speak freely without fear of persecution. I'm thankful for liberty; and for the freedom it brings. I'm thankful for peace, as it makes me appreciate life. I'm thankful for my prosperity; as it is a gift. I'm thankful for my many blessings; as I deserve none of them.

I'm thankful for the things that I have; as they can all be taken away. I'm thankful for the things that I do not have; for they give me something to work for.

I'm thankful for the little things; as they are more fondly remembered. I'm thankful for memories; for they show me where I came from. I'm thankful for my dreams; for they
give me something to aspire to.

I'm thankful for so many things too numerous to be mentioned here.

Finally, I'm thankful that I am thankful.

No comments: